HFHSC Camps Wakonda and Lanowa need volunteers to help in the following areas:
- Gardening clean-up—cut the grass, clear fallen tree limbs and brush, plant flowers, rake, clear litter. Date and shift times to be determined.
- Housekeeping—make beds up for the children and clean the bathrooms, the kitchens, and the dining hall. Date and shift times to be determined.
- Building maintenance—general handy work, painting, and repair. Date and shift times to be determined.
- Set up of the kitchen, health clinic, and arts and crafts areas. Date and shift times to be determined.
- At-home crafters and sewers—items you make and contribute to our campers become treasures at camp and items for them to take home. Items include knitted/crocheted blankets for their beds, fleece no-sew blankets, dresses, shirts, etc. Please consult us about the range of sizes and numbers needed.
- Program specialists—see below for more details.
Individual and Group Volunteers
Please fill out the general volunteer application. Groups only need to fill out one application.
General Volunteer Application
Do you have a special talent that will teach or entertain our campers? Please fill out and submit a program proposal (see below) no later than June 1, 2017. If approved, we will assign specific dates for you to visit camp and share your talent. Our campers are looking forward to meeting you and being inspired by your passion!
Volunteer Application for Program Specialist
How to Apply
1. Please review our volunteer policies and procedures.
2. Download and fill out the appropriate application.
3. Email, mail, or fax the filled out application to:
HFH Summer Camps
36 Cooper Square, 3rd Floor
New York, NY 10003